Connect Gujarat

Udaipur on edge after tailor's beheading; CM Ashok Gehlot meets victim's family

Meanwhile, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot met family members of Kanhaiya Lal in Udaipur

Udaipur on edge after tailors beheading; CM Ashok Gehlot meets victims family

Members of Hindu outfits took out a rally in Udaipur today to register their anger over the gruesome murder of a Hindu man, identified as Kanhaiya Lal, by two Muslim men.

The call for the march was given by 'Sarv Samaj'. The march started from Town Hall and culminated at the Collectorate.

The participants raised slogans against the Ashok Gehlot government and demanded strict against the killers.

They accused the Congress government of indulging in appeasement politics and not acting swiftly to bring the perpetrators of the crime to the book.

Police said that heavy deployment of police is there in the city for maintaining law and order and two Additional Director General, one Deputy IG and other senior officials are camping in the city to monitor the situation.

Meanwhile, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot met family members of Kanhaiya Lal in Udaipur.

He was accompanied by Minister Rajendra Yadav, Chief Secretary Usha Sharma, DGP ML Lather and other senior officials.

He handed over a cheque of Rs 51 lakh to the family and assured them that the killers will be punished.

Kanhaiya, a tailor by profession, was beheaded by two Muslim men who entered his shop in the city's Dhan Mandi area posing as customers.

According to police, Lal was killed for a social media post supporting BJP leader Nupur Sharma's (now suspended) comments involving Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam.

The two Muslim killers filmed the video of Kanhaiya's murder inside his shop and shared it on the internet. After killing Kanhaiya, the killers, identified as Riaz Akhtari and Ghouse Mohammad, shared a video declaring that they had beheaded a Hindu man and went on to threaten Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying their knife will get him as well. They were arrested by the police later in the Rajsamand district.

Next Story
Share it