WR to run reserved special trains as unreserved from 4th March 2021
For the convenience of passengers, Western Railway had recently introduced several fully reserved Special trains to various destinations, including Passenger/DEMU/MEMU Special trains. Now, competent authority has accorded approval to run total 33 Special trains with 65 services having composition with General Second Class, DEMU & MEMU coaches as UNRESERVED TRAINS instead of reserved special trains […]
For the convenience of passengers, Western Railway had recently introduced several fully reserved Special trains to various destinations, including Passenger/DEMU/MEMU Special trains. Now, competent authority has accorded approval to run total 33 Special trains with 65 services having composition with General Second Class, DEMU & MEMU coaches as UNRESERVED TRAINS instead of reserved special trains with effect from 4th March, 2021, till further advice.
Out of these 65 special services, 12 services are of Mumbai Central division, 13 services are of Vadodara division, 22 services are of Ratlam division, 8 services are of Ahmedabad division, 6 services are of Rajkot division while 4 services are of Bhavnagar division. Out of these 33 trains, 29 trains will be of Passenger train category while the remaining three trains will be of Mail/Express category. Train nos. 09077/78, 09007/08 & 09341/42 will be partially unreserved wherein only the General Class coaches will be treated as unreserved.
According to a press release issued by Sumit Thakur – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, the details of these UNRESERVED special trains are:
- 09023/09024 Mumbai Central – Valsad
- 09077/09078 Nandurbar – Bhusaval
- 09007/09008 (Mail/ Express category) Surat – Bhusaval
- 09152/09151 Surat – Valsad
- 09154/09153 Valsad – Umargam
- 09377/09378 Udhna – Nandurbar
- 09155/09156 Surat – Vadodara
- 09315/09316 Vadodara – Ahmedabad
- 09319/09320 Vadodara – Dahod
- 09317 Vadodara – Dahod
- 09107/09108 Pratapnagar – Kevadiya
- 09109/09110 Pratapnagar – Kevadiya
- 09113/09114 Pratapnagar – Kevadiya
- 09381/09382 Dahod – Ratlam
- 09383/09384 Ratlam – Nagda
- 09385/09386 Nagda – Ujjain
- 09507/09506 Indore – Ujjain
- 09518/09517 Ujjain – Nagda
- 09341/09342 (Mail/ Express category) Nagda – Bina
- 09545/09546 Ratlam- Nagda
- 09554/09553 Ujjain – Nagda
- 09345/09346 (Mail/ Express category running with DEMU coaches ) Ratlam – Bhilwara
- 09389/09390 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar – Ratlam
- 09347/09348 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar – Ratlam
- 09401/09402 Asarva – Himmatnagar
- 09431/09432 Sabarmati – Mahesana
- 09433/09434 Sabarmati – Patan
- 09437/09438 Mahesana – Abu Road
- 09441/09442 Wankaner – Morbi
- 09443/09444 Wankaner – Morbi
- 09439/09440 Wankaner – Morbi
- 09528/09527 Bhavnagar – Surendragar
- 09534/09533 Bhavnagar – Surendranagar
These instructions will be followed for issuing of tickets in these UNRESERVED TRAINS:
- The booking of the above trains will be stopped in PRS w.e.f. 04.03.2021. However, in Train nos. 09007 and 09077, the composition consists of 3 sleeper Class coaches and the same will be continued to be charged as reserved through PRS and remaining coaches will be unreserved.
- The Train Nos. 09341, 09345 and 9007 will be continued to be charged on Unreserved Mail/Express fare.
- Moreover, 09345/09346 running with DEMU coaches will be treated as Unreserved and will be charged on Unreserved Mail/Express fare.
- Presently only journey tickets will be issued for these trains. Unreserved tickets for any other trains shall not be issued except these trains.
- Issuance of season tickets on non suburban is not permitted.
- All passengers are requested to ensure adequate social distancing, wear face masks and to follow the prescribed protocol of COVID 19.