General election of 289 gram panchayats and by-election of 40 gram panchayats will be held in Vadodara district
611 polling stations in Gram Panchayat elections, 4,52,171 voters, notification to release on Monday
General and by-election program of Gram Panchayats has been announced by the State Election Commission. In 289 gram panchayats in Vadodara district, general election of 2430 wards including sarpanch and by-election of 40 gram panchayats will be held on 19th December, 2021. The district election machinery is making strenuous preparations for the elections.
In the general election of Gram Panchayat in Vadodara district, a total of 4,52,171 voters including 2,33,215 male and 2,18,956 female voters will exercise their rights at 611 polling stations.
For election of Gram Panchayats in Vadodara district, 72 election officers, 72 assistant election officers, 3666 polling staff and 1222 police staff have been appointed to maintain law and order.
General Elections will be held at 289 Gram Panchayats including 43 in Vadodara taluka of Vadodara district consists of 27 in Padra , 26 in Karjan, 29 in Shinor, 55 in Dabhoi, 45 in Waghodia, 51 in Savli and 14 in Dassar taluka.
It may be mentioned that there are 244 gram panchayats with 8 wards, 34 with 10 wards, 09 with 12 wards and one each gram panchayat with 14 and 16 wards in Vadodara district. Along with this, by-elections of 40 gram panchayats will also be held. According to the local election branch of the Collectorate, by-elections will be held in 51 wards in 40 gram panchayats including 13 in Padra taluka, 15 in Karjan, 01 in Shinor, 09 in Savli and 02 in Desar taluka.
* Program for general / division / mid-term / by-elections of Gram Panchayats
1. Election announcement date 22-11-2021.
2. Publication of election notices / declarations on 29-11-2021
3. Last date for filling up of candidature papers 04-12-2021.
4. Last date for verification of candidature papers 06-12-2021.
5. Last date for withdrawal of candidature papers is 07-12-2021.
6. Date and time of polling 19-12-2021 (Sunday) from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
7. Date of re-polling (if necessary) 20-12-2021.
8. Date of counting of votes 21-12-2021.
9. Date of completion of election process 24-12-2021.