Despite the continuation of lockdown due to Coronavirus Pandemic, Indian Railways took the decision to initiate 200 passenger train services to help people travel across the country in this difficult time. In continuation to this on 1st June, 2020, Western Railway ran 14 such special trains originating from Mumbai, Surat and Ahmedabad out of its scheduled 17 pairs of mail/ express trains which are now being restored in a phased manner.
According to a press release issued by WR CPRO Ravinder Bhakar, passengers heading their homes were delighted to board the trains after a long hiatus. Passengers followed all the norms and guidelines of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and Ministry of Home Affairs such as compulsory thermal screening and social distancing throughout the time. Passengers were assured of a safe travel as trains were well sanitized and proper required arrangements were made for a smooth movement of travelers at the stations.
On 1st June, 2020, six special trains departed from Mumbai Division consists of 3 from Mumbai Central (Karnavati Exp, Jaipur superfast Exp. & Golden Temple Mail), 2 from Bandra Terminus (Paschim Exp. & Avadh Exp.) and Tapti Ganga Express from Surat. 8 special trains were also departed from Ahmedabad Division.
The details of the 14 trains that left for various parts of the country from Mumbai, Surat & Ahmedabad on 1st June, 2020 are as following:
1. Train No. 02933 Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad Karnavati Express departed from Mumbai Central at its scheduled time at 13.40 hrs. A total of 1577 passengers boarded from Mumbai Central & Borivali stations. On board catering has been provided in the train.
2. Train No. 02925 Bandra Terminus-Amritsar Paschim Express departed from Bandra Terminus at its scheduled time at 12.00 hrs. A total of 734 passengers boarded from Bandra Terminus, Andheri, Borivali, Dahanu Road and Valsad stations. Onboard catering has been provided in the train.
3. Train No. 09045 Surat-Chhapra Tapti Ganga Express departed from Surat at its scheduled time at 09.55 hrs. A total of 1606 passengers boarded from Surat, Udhna, Nandurbar, Dondaicha and Amalner stations. On board catering has been provided in the train.
4. Train No. 02934 Ahmedabad- Mumbai Central Karnavati Express departed from Ahmedabad at its scheduled time at 04.55 hrs. A total of 1116 passengers boarded from Ahmedabad station. Onboard catering has been provided in the train.
The rest of the 10 trains were scheduled to depart late in the evening hours of 1st June, 2020 from Mumbai Central, Bandra Terminus and Ahmedabad stations. The other three trains that will run from tomorrow and on other days are as following:
1. Train No. 09041/09042 Bandra Terminus – Ghazipur City Express (Ex. Bandra Terminus at 23.25 hrs.) will run on Bi-Weekly basis (Friday and Sunday) will halt at Borivali, Vapi, Valsad, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara and Ratlam stations of Western Railway. The other stoppages of the train will be as per regular time tabled train.
2. Train No. 09037/09038 Bandra Terminus – Gorakhpur Avadh Express (Ex. Bandra Terminus at 22.40 hrs.) will run on four days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday) and will halt at Andheri, Borivali, Vapi, Valsad, Surat, Ankleshwar, Vadodara, Derol, Godhra, Dahod, Meghnagar, Bamnia, Ratlam, Khachrod and Nagda stations of Western Railway. The other stoppages of the train will be as per regular time tabled train.
3. Train No. 09165/09166 Ahmedabad – Darbhanga Sabarmati Express (Ex. Ahmedabad at 21.00 hrs.) will run on three days (Wednesday, Friday & Sunday) and will halt at Mahemadavad Kheda Road, Nadiad, Anand, Chhayapuri, Godhra, Dahod, Meghnagar, Ratlam, Khachrod, Nagda, Ujjain, Tarana Road and Maksi stations of Western Railway. The other stoppages of the train will be as per regular time tabled train.