Introduced Uttam rake in Mumbai local trains
After creating history by introducing world’s first ever
Ladies Special local train and India’s first ever Air Conditioned EMU train on
Mumbai Suburban section, Western Railway bring one more addition for the
comfort of passengers. On the auspicious occasion of its 69th Foundation Day on
5th November, 2019, WR introduce the state-of-the-art “UTTAM RAKE” for
According to a press release issued by WR CPRO Ravinder Bhakar, the Uttam rake has improved interiors and advanced features to make traveling in local a better experience. The new rake was operated in its inaugural run as Ladies Special train from Churchgate – Virar, departing from Churchgate at 18.13 hrs and arriving Virar at 19.57 hrs on 5th November, 2019. All the women commuters travelling in this ultra-modern “Uttam” rake were very much thrilled to witness the awesome look and features of the new rake.
Many of the lady commuters appreciated this new local train and the facilities it provides especially the provision of CCTV cameras in all the coaches. They also appreciated the posters of iconic women along with their inspirational stories. It will run on its normal services from 6th November, 2019 with 10 services a day.
The Uttam rake is well equipped with better seats, CCTV cameras, Red Emergency Buttons, Anti-Dent Partitions, Modular Luggage Racks and more such modern facilities while saving energy. The new rake will feature posters about Western Railway’s journey as an effective transport medium, various landmarks of Mumbai, inspirational quotes and posters of iconic women achievers to make the journey more enriching and delightful. Only two Uttam rakes have built at the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai, out of which the other has been given to South Central Railway. Western Railway is proud to continue its legacy of providing comfort and care to its Mumbai Suburban line passengers on a daily basis.
Salient Features of Uttam rake:
1) Provision of CCTV Surveillance System in all coaches.
2) Anti-dent partitions in coaches to prevent thefts.
3) Modular Luggage rack.
4) High backrest seats in First Class coaches.
5) Provision of Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) seats in Second Class coaches with wooden finishing for better aesthetics.
6) Improved Dual Lock Stopper with dual slot handles windows in all coaches.
7) Wider and improved grab handles for better grip.
8) Latest Brushless DC (BLDC) fans in all coaches which consumes 30% less energy than conventional fans.
9) Provision of modular type diffused LED lights.
10) Electrically operated Passenger Alarm System in place of traditional emergency chains.
11) Smooth finished corrugated FRP ceiling and Wooden finished Roof Ventilation Duct Area to enhance the aesthetic appeal of coach interior.
12) Provision of camouflaged aluminium moulded strips on floor to discourage theft.
13) Stainless steel protective plate near all passenger seats to avoid colour fading due to footwear friction.