Continuing it’s efforts and commitment towards improving passenger comfort and satisfaction Indian Railways planned to upgrade 140 rakes of ICF trains in 2018-19 under the ‘Project Utkrisht’ scheme. Western Railway was allotted 20 rakes for upgradation in 2018-19 and it upgraded 19 rakes by March 2019 the highest in the Indian Railways. The 20th rake was upgraded in the month of April ’19 and 3 more rakes have been upgraded in May ‘19 which makes it total 23 rakes been upgraded till now.
As per the press release issued by Western Railway CPRO Ravinder Bhakar the first upgraded rake of Western Railway under ‘Project Utkrisht’ was the Surat-Muzaffarpur Express, which was flagged off from Surat station on 28th Dec’ 2018. The rakes are being upgraded at a cost of Rs 60 lakh per rake. The coaches in the above trains are painted with polyurethane paint as per the new beige and marron Utkrisht colour scheme. For neat interior and aesthetic appeal, the interiors have been decorated with anti-graffiti vinyl wrap of various designs in main door passage area and lavatory interiors.
Toilet interior is upgraded by provision of epoxy coating on the floor, stainless steel modified wash basins and health faucets. Improved design soap and toilet paper dispensers, hygienic automatic personal seat dispensers for western toilets in First AC coaches have also been provided. Dual flush valve for improved flushing in Lavatory and auto janitors have been provided to control odour.
Western Railway has taken several measures to conserve water and two way bib cocks with water conserving aerators has been provided in the Utkrisht coaches. Unified single information postersare at the doorway area, to replace the multiple stickers for a neat and tidy look. For an aesthetic feel high resolution printed heritage posters/scenic images are displayed in the coaches.Night glow seat number indication in the passage area for ease in identification of seats during night time is also one of the features of this rake.
Bhakar further stated that Under Phase I, 20 rakes were earmarked for upgradation, the work of which has been completed and in Phase II, 38 rakes are to be upgraded. Till date 3 rakes under Phase II have already been upgraded and the remaining 35 rakes is targeted to be completed by March 2020. Western Railway’s total 58 rakes will be running with Utkrisht coaches. The 23 rakes which have already been upgraded under project Utkrisht
Under Phase I
- Train No 19053/54 Surat-Muzaffarpur Express
- Train No 22909/10 Valsad-Puri Superfast Express
- Train No 19325/26 Indore-Amritsar Express
- Train No 12921/22 Surat-Mumbai Central Flying Ranee Express
- Train No 12959/60 Dadar-Bhuj Superfast Express
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishnodevi Mata Katra Malwa Express (1st rake)
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishnodevi Mata Katra Malwa Express (2nd rake)
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishnodevi Mata Katra Malwa Express (3rd rake)
- Train No 12955/56 Mumbai Central-Jaipur Superfast Express (1st rake)
- Train No 12955/56 Mumbai Central-Jaipur Superfast Express (2nd rake)
- Train No 19063/57 Udhna-Danapur/Varanasi Express
- Train No 22903/04 Bandra Terminus-Bhuj AC Express
- Train No 22969/70 Okha-Varanasi Express
- Train No 22972/71 Bhavnagar-Bandra Terminus Express (1st rake)
- Train No 22972/71 Bhavnagar-Bandra Terminus Express (2nd rake)
- Train No 22928/29 Vadodara-Mumbai Central Express
- Train No 12993/94 Gandhidham-Puri Express
- Train No 12911/12 Valsad-Howrah Express
- Train No 22901/02 Bandra Terminus-Udaipur Express
- Train No 12903/04 Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple Mail
Under Phase II
- Train No 12919/20 Dr. Ambedkar Nagar-Shri Vaishnodevi Mata Katra Malwa Express
- Train No 22972/71 Bhavnagar-Bandra Terminus Express
- Train No 12928/29 Vadodara-Mumbai Central Express