Working tirelessly to safeguard railway assets, thermal scanning at railway offices & stations and serving free food to people
In the wake of the 21-day lockdown to contain the spread of the deadly Coronavirus, Western Railway’s staff from various departments have displayed grit and commitment through their exemplary services. Despite the decision to cancel all passenger services up to 14th April, 2020, Western Railway continues to work at large by ensuring that essential commodities may be made available across the nation in this dire situation.
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) has proved its mettle by tirelessly working round the clock to protect railway assets during this scary hour. According to a press release issued by WR CPRO Ravinder Bhakar, more than 3,500 staff of Western Railway’s RPF are steadily and unceasingly working to protect vital railway property, providing security to the movement of essential commodities and serving the weaker sections in the society in areas surrounding railway stations by providing free food and other necessary assistance.
The RPF is playing a crucial role working as a bridge between the Railway and the State Administration to coordinate closely with several railway departments to ensure smooth movement of Freight operations and other railway services during these tough times. Other than these vital duties, RPF officers and staff are working closely with the Medical Department to keep the many railway colonies across the Western Railway jurisdiction afar from the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Bhakar also stated that the wheels at Western Railway never stop especially when it comes to serving the nation in difficult times and the Railway Protection Force (RPF) is not behind in its efforts to combat the Coronavirus pandemic while ensuring safety measures at stations and offices where work never ends.
Various steps taken by Western Railway’s RPF are:
● Handling panic/distress call related to COVID-19.
● Ensuring queue formation while maintaining distance where required.
● Position of checking material for COVID-19 like thermometer, clops, mask sanitizer, liquid shop collected over Western Railway/RPF.
● Ensuring the smooth function of Zonal RPF control room.
● Supplying sanitizers at shops in Headquarter/Division offices.
● RPF staff has been deployed with proper precaution and using the mask at railway station over Western Railway.
● Vehicles ready in position for carrying essential duties.
● RPF barracks being regularly checked
● All field staff over Western Railway is updated of the latest developments and actions to ensure safety and prevention from Coronavirus.