RECORDS GROWTH OF 250% OF UTS APP USERS IN JUST ONE YEAR
Western Railway made UTS on mobile app available for non suburban as well as suburban stations see robust growth of more than 250% recorded in the year 2019-20 (upto June) as compared to the previous corresponding period. The average passengers per day has also massively increased from 62,000 in the year 2018-19 to approx. 2.16 lakh passengers in 2019-20. It is to be mention that more than 75 lakh passengers have opted for the UTS mobile app all over Western Railway in the month of June, 2019 alone recording an earning of Rs. 7.25 crores.
According to a press release issued by WR Chief Public Relations Officer Ravinder Bhakar, the main objective of introducing UTS app is to encourage digital ticketing mode, to promote self ticketing and to ensure that passengers can buy tickets without facing the ordeal of queues. Western Railway exhorts its commuters to patronize the use of UTS Mobile Ticketing App and ATVM smart cards to avail the enhanced benefits attached with their use. Western Railway has taken various steps to popularize the use of modern ticketing modes and various promotional campaigns are being organized at important railway stations.
UTS Mobile Application will now be available on stations over Vadodara division of WR .The main objective of introducing online UTS app is to encourage digital ticketing mode.
Some of the Salient Features of UTS App:
1. Easy to download from Google Play Store, iOS or Windows app store free of cost.
2. All unreserved and season tickets can be booked.
3. Simplified App with ‘Quick booking’ option.
4. Options for both paperless and paper ticket (through ATVM or booking window) available.
5. Dedicated Customer Care no.138.
6. Ticket payments can be easily made through inbuilt “R-Wallet” or through Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge.
7. “R-Wallet” can be easily recharged from all non suburban UTS booking windows as well as online on website www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in through any Debit card, Net Banking and UPI mode.