Try Lemon mint rice recipe
Ingredients for the recipe 1 cup Basmati rice Ghee as needed 1 cup mint leaves 1 sprig curry leaves ½ tsp mustard ½ to ¾ tbsp. chana dal ½ to ¾ tbsp urad dal 2 tbsp peanuts or cashews little turmeric powder lemon juice as needed 1 broken red chili 2 green chilies ½ to […]
Ingredients for the recipe
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- Ghee as needed
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ½ tsp mustard
- ½ to ¾ tbsp. chana dal
- ½ to ¾ tbsp urad dal
- 2 tbsp peanuts or cashews
- little turmeric powder
- lemon juice as needed
- 1 broken red chili
- 2 green chilies
- ½ to ¾ tsp grated ginger
- Cashew nuts
Method for the recipe
- Wash and chop mint leaves to fine pieces.
- Soak rice for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash the rice and pressure cook it.
- Spread the cooked rice in a plate and allow to cool to separate grains.
- In a mixer, add mint leaves and green chilly, little water and grind it to coarse paste.
- Heat Gheel in a pan, add peanuts, chana dal and urad dal when they are lightly golden, add red chili. Lower the heat. add curry leaves, ginger, green chilies, onion, cinnamons.
- Add pudina paste, ginger garlic paste, salt.
- Fry them all together in low flame for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add lemon juice and cashew nuts to it and fluff gently.
- lemon pudina rice is ready.