Tawa paneer masala
Ingredients for tawa paneer masala
- 250 gm paneer
- 1 medium capsicum
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 4 to 5 garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chilli
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ aamchur powder
- ½ kasuri methi
- 2 tsp fresh cream
- 2 tsp butter
- Salt as required
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
Method to make tawa paneer masala
- Combine the paneer, chilli powder, turmeric powder, aamchur powder and salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick tava. add the marinated paneer on a medium flame for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally. Remove and keep aside.
- Add oil to the hot tawa, sprinkle cumin. When it splutters then add grated ginger and fry for one to two minutes, till it begins to smell good.
- Add chopped onions and salt. Keep stirring and fry evenly till they turn golden.
- When the onions are frying, you can add the chopped tomatoes to a blender jar and puree it. If you wish to add few cashews to make the gravy rich, you can add it now.
- When the onions turn golden, pour the tomato puree. Cook till the raw smell of the tomatoes vanishes. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Add garam masala, red chili powder and capsicums.
- Mix well and fry till the mixture smells good of the masala. This usually takes 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked paneer, fresh cream, garam masala, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.