Recipe for masala French fries
- 2 Cup potatoes
- Peeled and cut into fingers
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera ) powder
- ½ tsp black salt ( sanchal )
- salt as per taste
- oil for deep – frying
- Boil a vessel ful of water with a little salt . Add the potato fingers and parboil them for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the chille powder, cumin seeds powder, black salt in a small bowl and keep the masala mixture aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, and deep – fry the potato fingers a few at a time on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper, sprinkle the masala mixture over it and toss well.
- Serve hot with ketchup, mayonnaise, dips etc.