Meat Peanut Butter Brunch: Have a healthy start at the beginning of 2022
Try out this excellent fusion of meat, waffle cookies,peanut butter and bananas
This recipe makes a perfect meal for a healthy diet with low carbs and tons of protein. Try out this excellent fusion of meat, waffle cookies,peanut butter and bananas.
• 3 cups milk
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3 large egg yolks, beaten
• 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
• 6 slices Meat
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
• 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
• 15 butter waffle cookies
• 3 small bananas, sliced into rounds about 1/8-inch thick
1. Heat 2 3/4 cups of the milk in a large saucepan over medium until hot but not boiling. Stir the granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks and the remaining 1/4 cup milk. Flutter half of the hot milk into the egg mixture until smooth, and then gradually whisk the egg mixture into the heated milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter until melted. Transfer to a bowl. Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface and chill until set, at least for 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with a rack set on the middle shelf. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Place the meat on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet. Brush both sides of the meat with the maple syrup. Bake until golden brown and slightly crispy, rotating the baking sheet halfway through, 20 to 25 minutes. Place on the lined baking sheet and cool completely. The meat will continue to crisp as it cools. Break each piece of cooled meat in half.
4. Whip the heavy cream and confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer to soft to medium peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. To assemble, loosen the chilled pudding by whisking it until smooth and creamy. Spoon 1/4 cup of the pudding into the bottom of a 10- to 12-ounce glass. Layer in this order: 1/4 cup crushed waffle cookies, half of a sliced banana, 1/4 cup whipped cream, 1/4 cup pudding and a light sprinkle of additional crushed waffle cookies. Top each parfait with a dollop of the remaining whipped cream and 2 bacon halves.
Instead of butter waffle cookies, waffle cones would be a nice alternative. Regular or natural peanut butter works here, just makes sure it's emulsified.