Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- 1 kg medium sized round potatoes
- 2 cups mustard or refined oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 3 black cardamom
- 3 tsp fennel powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
How to Make kashmiri Dum Aloo
- Boil potatoes in a large vessel till the skin of potatoes is tender.
- Peel off skin and prick the potatoes across with a toothpick or with a knitting needle.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel and fry potatoes till golden brown
- In a separate heavy bottomed pan, take five tbsp oil from the already hot oil you have from the fried potatoes
- Then add bay leaves , cloves, cinnamon stick and red chili powder a little water , salt and keep on stirring mash curd in a bowl and add to the pan keep stirring
- Add 2 cups of water and rest of the powdered spices then add fried potatoes to the gravy and boil on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Coarsely grind brown cardamom and sprinkle into the potatoes, simmer for 5 minutes,
- Serve with boiled rice, pulao , nan of chapatti