Punjab imposes night curfew till Jan 15, shuts down schools and colleges
In view of a surge in Covid cases, the Punjab government has decided to impose a night curfew across the state to break the chain of transmission.
In view of a surge in Covid cases, the Punjab government has decided to impose a night curfew across the state to break the chain of transmission. A night curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. will be imposed in the state till January 15. Besides, schools and colleges will also remain shut amid rising coronavirus cases.
The fresh restrictions come into effect after CMCharanjit Singh Channi chaired a review meeting to take stock of the Covid situation in the state.
Fresh list of restrictions in Punjab
- Night curfew from 10 PM to 5 AM till January 15
- Pubs, restaurants to operate at 50 per cent capacity
- Buses to operate with 50 per cent occupancy
- Only fully vaccinated staff to attend Govt, pvt offices
- Schools, colleges closed
- Gyms to remain closed
- Cinemas halls, malls to operate at 50% capacity subject to staff being fully vaccinated.
- 26 Feb 2022 5:25 AM GMT
- 28 Jan 2021 8:54 AM GMT
- 8 April 2021 5:41 AM GMT
- 26 Feb 2022 5:16 AM GMT
- 25 March 2022 5:35 AM GMT
- 18 May 2022 10:25 AM GMT
- 18 May 2022 6:03 AM GMT
- 17 May 2022 12:37 PM GMT
- 17 May 2022 6:29 AM GMT
- 16 May 2022 7:32 AM GMT