Re-devolpment of Gandhinagar capital station, transforming it into smart city
Indian Railways is leaping ahead with transformational milestones every day. In this direction, a world class Railway Station has been developed at Gandhinagar Capital.
A Joint Venture SPV namely Gandhinagar Railway and Urban Development (GARUD) company was formed with Government of Gujarat and Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) for the redevelopment of the station. The upgradation of Gandhinagar Capital Railway station has been done at a cost of Rs 71.50 crore.
Service Oriented Features
• There is segregated Entry and Exit surrounded by landscaped area.
• Parking facilities have been provided for 163 cars, 40 Autos & 120 Two wheelers
• The 3 platforms are well connected through 2 subways.
• The waiting area at the platform too has a capacity to seat 480 passengers.
• Double height entrance lobby with spacious ticketing facility etc.
• Divyang Friendly Special Ticket Counter, Ramps, Lifts, Dedicated parking spaces.
• Vertical circulation elements-2 Nos of Escalators and 3 Nos of Elevators
• Seamless wi-fi connectivity on entire station.
People Oriented Features
• There is an inter-faith prayer hall.
• Separate baby feeding room.
• The centralized AC waiting lounge has a capacity to seat 40 people.
• The station concourse has an area of 7096 sqm which can be used in future for commercialization to house multiplexes, shopping centres, Food & Beverage courts etc.
• Art gallery with LED wall display lounge
• The complete building is designed & provided with Green Building rating features and already obtained certified GEM 5 Sustainability Standards Green Certification from ASSOCHAM.
• The civil structure has been designed with 120 years of life.
• Quantity used in the work is 155900 Cum of concrete, 26500MT of Steel
• The Reinforcement steel is provided with IP coating for longevity.
• Intelligent Building Management System controlled MEPF system at station to regulate all Electrical/ HVAC systems & record essential data for evaluation of performance for green rating.
• Vertical green wall- beside escalator to concourse
• Safety Features: Entire station including platform provided with fire hydrant system and extinguishers, Arrival and departure areas and subway are well protected by fire detection and fire sprinklers
• The state of the art external façade will have daily theme based lighting with 32 themes.
• Exclusive hotel building over Running Live Railway tracks insulated against vibration & noise.
• It has got state of the art external facade
• A Unique Column Free sleek & economical space frame of 105 meters span over platform with all weather proof KALZIP Aluminum Sheeting providing good comfort from sun/ rain to the passengers.
• The roof is in the shape of arch tied from back such that the reaction from loads are counteracted by the reactions from the ties. The foundation of space frame provided with planters to add vertical load to avoid negative reaction.
• Frame launched on 'LIVE STATION' covering 'SEVEN RAILWAY TRACKS'
• The construction malba generated at site has been reused in the filling of low-lying areas the peripheral road.
• Vertical Footprint
Cost Components of the Upgraded Station Work (in Crores)
1) Civil Structure (part Cost) with false Ceiling and finishes - Rs. 24.60 cr
2) Subway (2 nos.) between Platform 1 to Platform 3 - Rs. 5.00 cr
3) Space Frame over the Platform i/c Seamless Sheeting - Rs. 26.00 cr
4) Flooring of the station building & Platform i/c extension etc. - Rs.4.50 cr
5) Façade Lighting, Display Unit, LED Wall, Signages, Fire Fighting VRV AC facility, OHE and Shifting of cable of Railtel etc. - Rs. 7.50 cr
6) Road work and Landscaping at Station Area - Rs.2.50 cr
7) Lifts (3 nos.) & Escalators (2 nos.) - Rs. 1.40 cr
Total - Rs. 71.50 cr