Connect Gujarat
Gujarat

894 fresh Covid cases in Gujarat

The state recorded 894 new Covid cases, the highest in 155 days

894 fresh Covid cases in Gujarat
X

The state on Wednesday crossed 5,000 active Covid cases the highest in the past five months at 5,099. Out of total, 2,013 are from Ahmedabad, accounting for 40% of the cases.

The state recorded 894 new Covid cases, the highest in 155 days. In Ahmedabad city, it was 295. Analysis of the cases indicated that these are outside the eight municipal corporation areas on Wednesday, the cities accounted for 56% of the daily cases, whereas the rest of the state accounted for 44% of them.

Out of the active cases, eight were on ventilators. Four of the 33 districts of Gujarat have zero active cases.

Other cases included 65 from Vadodara city, 54 from Surat city, and 45 from Mehsana among others. Gujarat administered booster doses to 22,243 senior citizens, taking the total to 42.52 lakh.

Next Story
Share it