- 1 cup Chana dal ( Bengal Gram Dal ), soaked for 30 minutes
- ½ cup White Urad Dal ( Whole ), soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup Cabbage
- 4 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves, chopped
- 2 sprig Coriander leaves ( Dhania ) chopped
- Salt as per taste
Directions for Dal Vada with Oats and Vegetable Recipe
- To begin making the Dal Vada with Oats and Vegetable Recipe, finely grind the soaked dals with salt and adding as little water as possible into a thick smooth vada batter.
- Add the chopped, carrot, cabbage, onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, garlic and Oats and mix into the ground dal paste. Check the salt and spice levels to see if you would to adjust to suit your taste,
- Heat the kuzhi paniyaram Pan and add a drop of oil to coat the pan: once the is well heated scoop the vada batter using a scoop spoon. Cover the pan and allow it to steam.
- You will notice the top part of the vada getting cooked, At this point you could add another drop of oil and then using a tiny flat spoon gently flip the vada so it can get cooked from the other side and crisp as well.
- When you insert the back of the spoon or a knife in the center it should come out clean, this the test to check whether it is has been cooked, continue the same process with the remaining vada batter and enjoy the healthy version of the vada’s.
- Serve the dal vada with Oats and vegetable along with sweet and Spicy Raw Mango Chutney along with baked Chevdo Recipe to have a variation for your tea time snacks.