Railway stations of Vadodara division is maintaining strict Covid 19 adherence to prevent the transition and smooth flow of operations. Five important long distance trains are originating and many are passing through the division and there have been no instances of overcrowding. The reservation waitlist is ranging between 70 to 100 in two originating and three to five passing trains. In other originating and passing trains there is no long reservation waitlist and seats are also available.
Looking into the current situation of COVID-19 Vadodara Division of Western Railway have already initiated following precautionary measures to regulate passenger entry inside platform of railway stations:
· Passengers having Confirmed/Partial confirmed & RAC ticket are allowed to enter the platforms and passenger are requested not to enter station premises not more than an hour before the departure of the train.
· No platforms tickets will be issued till 30th April, 2021 at all stations of the division to avoid the gathering and to control crowd in the station premises.
· Entry and exit points has been restricted and are properly manned by ticket checking staff as well as RPF staff so that unauthorized person could not enter the platforms.
· Thermal screening of passengers entering the platform is being done. Special arrangement for screening at Vadodara Station is being done through wall mounted thermometer.
· Proper announcement to follow COVID-19 guidelines issued by Government is announced time to time at regular frequency and displayed through electronic media.
· Proper markings have been made on platforms, near booking windows, near reservation windows and entry/exit gates to ensure social distancing.
· Station staff has been also instructed to guide passengers and also to follow COVID guidelines.
· Posters have been displayed at prominent locations showcasing COVID appropriate behavior. Other precautionary measures are also been taken from time to time as per the instructions issued by local administration.