– 8 White bread
– Butter as needed
– Green Chutney as needed
– Potato – 2
– 1 medium size Onion
– 1 to 2 Green chillies
– 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
– Salt needed
– 3 tsp Oil
– 1 tsp Cumin seeds
– 1 sprig Curry leaves
– 1 tbsp coriander leaves
– Chaat Masala as needed
– Onion slices
– Cucumber slices
– Tomato slices
Method to make masala sandwich
– Take the potato in a pressure cooker. Cook for 2-3 whistles. open the lid. Remove the potato. Let it cool to touch, peel it and roughly mash it.
– For cooking green peas, you can boil in pressure cooker or steam them.
– Slice the onion, tomato and cucumber for the sandwich and keep it aside.
– Take whole cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, peppercorns and cinnamon stick in a pan. Dry roast them on low-medium heat with stirring continuously. take the spices to a dry grinder. Add remaining ingredients black salt and amchur powder in the grinder. Make fine powder out of it. Keep it aside.
– Take all the chutney ingredients in a grinder or blender along with very little water. Blend it till it is smooth. Remove it to a jar or bowl. Keep it aside.
– Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds. Let them pop. Then add cumin seeds. Let the sizzle.
– Then add ginger paste and green chilies. Saute for a minute.
– Cook till onions are soft and light brown in color.
– Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
– Mix well and cook for a minute. Then add mashed potato and peas.
– Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. Then turn off the stove. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
– Lastly squeeze lemon juice. Mix well and keep it aside
– Spread the butter on four bread slices. Then also spread the chutney on all the slices.
– Then on two bread slices, spread the even layer of potato masala. 2-3 tablespoons of masala is enough for one sandwich.
– The arrange the cucumber, tomato and onion slices on top.
– Close the sandwich with another bread slice.
– Now toast the sandwiches in the toaster.