Considering the ‘VAYU’ cyclone over Gujarat, Western Railway decided to fully cancel operation of 87 mainline trains and 40 others were scheduled to be short terminated/short originated with partial cancellation as a precautionary measure in the cyclone prone areas. Till yesterday, 77 mainline trains were cancelled and 33 were scheduled to be short terminated while on 13th June, 2019, 10 more trains were cancelled and 7 more trains were scheduled to be short terminated/short originated with partial cancellation, as a precautionary measure.
Accordingly till now, total 127 trains of W. Rly have been affected in view of the precautionary measures taken by W. Rly to safeguard the interests of the passengers. In which 87 trains have been fully cancelled and 40 trains have been decided to be short terminated/short originated.
According to a press release issued by CPRO Ravinder Bhakar various safety and security precautions are being taken by Western Railway for passengers of these cyclone prone areas like Veraval, Okha, Porbandar, Bhavnagar, Bhuj and Gandhidham. As soon as information was received from metrological department that cyclone VAYU is expected to hit Gujarat coast, extensive arrangements were made by Western Railway at both Zonal and Divisional levels as under.
Talking about train Operations
adequate arrangements regarding train operations were made in view with necessary precautions laid down in various manuals were reiterated to all concerned Railway authorities to be followed while running the trains on the stretches affected by cyclone. Two special trains from Okha were run to evacuate affected people in coastal area. 8 special coaching rakes were kept in readiness at Ghandhidham, Bhuj, Khambalia, Adri, Botad, Ranavav, Wansjaliya & Bhavnagar stations on Western Railway to evacuate people affected with VAYU in the coastal area.
14 Accident Relief Trains (ART) & 15 Accident Relief Medical Equipment Trains (ARMET) was kept ready to move at short notice. Tower wagons, utility vehicles and wiring specials were made available for use at short notice. Arrangement for drinking water for passengers and railway staff was done at all major stations and railway colonies.
25 doctors along with 60 paramedical staff and 9 ambulances were made ready to help passengers and railway staff. At Mumbai Division, 5 doctors along with 11 paramedical staff and 1 ambulance were readily available. 4 doctors along with 8 paramedical staff and 1 ambulance at Vadodara Division and 4 doctors along with 8 paramedical staff and 2 ambulances at Ahmedabad Division were readily available to help passengers. At Bhavnagar Division 6 doctors along with 18 paramedical staff and 2 ambulances and at Rajkot Division 6 doctors with 15 paramedical staff and 2 ambulances were made ready to help passengers and railway staff. Sufficient quantity of necessary medicine was stocked.
Control rooms at Western Railway Headquarters in Mumbai and Divisional Headquarters of Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Ahmedabad and Vadodara were activated and were manned by officers round the clock. Officers and staff were present at State Disaster Control Room for close liaison with state officials. Disaster Management Cells at Zonal as well as Divisional level were manned around the clock. All bulletins from Metrological Department (IMD) were being relayed to all concerned through the WhatsApp group created for this purpose. 14 Disaster Management Cells were set up at important stations, i.e. 6 stations under Rajkot Division, 5 stations under Bhavnagar Division and 3 stations under Ahmedabad Division. Civil Defence Volunteers were deputed at vulnerable locations (Rajkot Division- 06, Bhavnagar Division-05 & 20 Teams from Mumbai Central Division) were deputed to affected areas.
Welfare Inspectors along with team were posted at major stations along the affected area. Adequate numbers of Walkie Talkies with arrangement for charging through emergency power were kept at all major stations. Standby Diesel Generator sets along with 10 emergency lights each were made available at 86 Locations (Mumbai Central Division – 14, Rajkot Division- 21, Bhavnagar Division-41 & Ahmedabad Division-10). Railway Supervisors and staff were also deputed at various locations. 2 KVA UPS has been provided at all stations for emergency train operation. All channels of communication with Control were functional. At various major railway colonies, Welfare Inspectors were deputed to take care of the staff.
To assist in mobilization of infrastructural resources when required, 3 senior railway Officers of Engineering Department from Headquarters were deputed at Ahmedabad, Rajkot & Bhavnagar Divisions. Identified vulnerable locations were manned and night patrolling was done in at vulnerable sections. Stationary watchmen were nominated at high bridges, cutting etc.
At bridges where back flow was expected at the time of high tide were kept under special watch. Gate booms of level crossing were kept in closed condition in stormy condition. Labour and machinery available with railways & contractors were identified. Total 1500 Labours, 38 JCBs, 20 Dumpers, 3 Road rollers, 20 Multi Utility Vehicles, 22 tree cutting machines along with ropes were made available. Wherever required the contractor’s labours would be moved so as to be available for handling the site.
Labour & Machinery from various organizations of Indian Railways viz. Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) & Dedicate Freight Corridor (DFC) were made ready to be utilized in case of any disruption to train operations. Machinery & Material of RVNL were identified. Contact numbers of officers & staff of RVNL were made available in control office. Constant liaison with RVNL officers was in place.
List of Cancelled trains:-
1. 22958 Somnath –Ahmedabad J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled for want of Rake.
2. 19252 OKHA – Somnath J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
3. 19251 Somnath – OKHA J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
4. 59552 OKHA – Rajkot J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
5. 59230 Bhavnagar –Dhrgandhra J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
6. 22957 Ahmedabad –Veraval J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
7. 59421 Rajkot-Somnath J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
8. 59551 Rajkot-Okha J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
9. 59227 Botad-Bhavnagar J.C.O. 13.06.19 is Cancelled.
10. 22958 Veraval – Ahmedabad J.C.O. 14.06.19 is Cancelled.
List of Short – Terminated/ Short- Originated trains:-
1. Train No. 19115 Dadar-Bhuj J.C.O. 13.06.19 will be short – terminated at Ahmedabad. Hence, it will be partially cancelled between Ahmedabad – Bhuj. Train No. 19116 J.C.O. 14.06.19 is short terminated Ahmedabad will remain partially cancelled between Bhuj- Ahmedabad.
2. Train No. 22955 Bandra Tr.-Bhuj J.C.O. 13.06.19 will be short – terminated at Ahmedabad. Hence it will be partially cancelled between Ahmedabad – Bhuj. Train No. 22956 J.C.O. 14.06.19 is short terminated at Amedabad and will remain partially cancelled between Bhuj- Ahmedabad.
3. Train No.19262 Porbandar-Kochuvelli J.C.O. 13.06.19 will remain cancelled between Porbandar – Jamnagar and will originate from Jamnagar on its scheduled Time.
4. Train No.22945 Mumbai Central-Okha J.C.O. 13.06.19 will be short – terminated at Rajkot and hence it will remain cancelled between Rajkot – OKHA. Subsequently Train No.19569 Rajkot-Veraval J.C.O. 14.06.19 will remain cancelled.
5. Train No. 22946 Okha – Mumbai Central J.C.O. 14.06.19 will be short originated from Rajkot. Hence, it will be partially cancelled between Okha – Rajkot.
6. Train No. 19016 Porbandar – Mumbai Central J.C.O. 14.06.19 will be short originated from Rajkot. Hence, it will be partially cancelled between Porbandar – Rajkot.
7. Train No. 19565 Okha – Dehradun J.C.O. 14.06.19 will be short originated from Hapa. Hence, it will be partially cancelled between Okha – Hapa.