No casualties reported
Nearly 200 nearby huts were gutted in the major fire inside the Satyam Composites private limited company inside Por GIDC this afternoon. There was no casualties reported in the fire but the loss is estimated in lakhs as the hutments and product inside the company was gutted.
As per available details a major fire reported inside Satyam Composites Private Limited inside Por GIDC resulting in heavy loss. Primary investigation in the matter states short circuit be the reason behind the fire.
The fire spreads into nearby hutments and people inside run for safety in time. There are no casualties reported in the fire but heavy loss is there as the hutments and product inside the company was gutted. Vadodara fire brigade send five fire engines to the spot after declared it as major call.
The company is into making fiber sheets and report heavy loss in the fire. However the exact figure will be known later after the investigation. Sources said there is no fire safety arrangements inside the GIDC having nearly 500 companies.