The first upgraded rake of Western Railways (WR) under ‘Project Utkrisht’ will be flagged off from Surat Station at 06:10 am on 28/12/18. The passengers of 19053 Surat Muzaffarpur Express, which runs every Friday from Surat and 12945/12946 Surat –Mahuva/Bhavnagar Express on every Wednesday will enjoy the upgraded amenities with a better travel experience.
Under the phase-I of this project, Railways have targeted to upgrade 66 pairs of trains comprising 140 rakes. Twenty rakes of
Western Railway are being upgraded under phase-I of this project at a cost of Rs
60 lacs per rake. Upgradation of 06 rakes is being taken up by Mumbai Central Division of Western Railway. The renovation and Up gradation of 19053/19054 Surat-Muzaffarpur Express has been completed
at Coaching Depot Surat and this will be the first upgraded rake to be put into service by WR.
Salient Features of upgraded rake:
- Coaches painted on exterior with Anti graffiti PU paint under the new Beige and Maroon Utkrisht color scheme.
- Provision of energy efficient LED lights doubling the illumination level.
- Colour coordinated vinyl film wall patterns in the gang way and lavatory wall area in AC coaches.
- High resolution printed Heritage posters/Scenic images with Utkrisht logo.
- Good quality branded Dual flush valve for improved flushing.
- Two ways long body bib cocks with water conserving aerators.
- Health faucet for better hygiene in all coaches including unreserved coaches.
- Unique Ventury system for improved circulation and reduced foul smell in toilets.
- Automatic hygiene and odour control system in AC coach toilets.
- Wall mounted push type soap dispenser with foam discharge in AC coaches.
- Premium quality Seat and cover in Western style Toilets of all coaches.
- Autovmatic seat cover dispenser in Western style toilets in AC coaches.
- Retro reflective destination boards and coach number plates having night glow features.
- Night glow seat number indication in the passage area for ease in identification of seats during night time.
- A unique short announcement system in some bio toilets for creating awareness regarding Do’s and Don’t.
- Combined noticed board having high resolution printing mentioning Emergency numbers and Services at one location.
Up gradation work of the remaining 05 rakes is also under progress at Surat of Train no 12921/22 Surat- Mumbai Flying Rani, 22909/10 Valsad-Puri Express, Train no 22903/04 Bandra-Bhuj AC Express and 12961/62 Avantika Express. It is expected to introduce all the upgraded rakes by 31 March 2019.