Family held company officials responsible
A woman was electrocuted in a water supply company in Por GIDC and later died during treatment in a hospital. The family members of the deceased rushed to the spot and refused to accept the body. Later the matter was mediated by the police.
The woman, who was working at Mahi Beverages Company in GIDC, Por village near Vadodara, was rushed to hospital for immediate treatment after she was electrocuted. Police staff, including senior police officers, rushed to the company following the incident.
Mukeshbhai Rathwa lives in Por village near Vadodara. His wife Radhaben Rathwa on Tuesday night went to wash water jugs at Mahi Beverages, which has a water supply contract with a Bisleri company at Por GIDC.
Radhaben was washing jugs of water when she suddenly collapsed due to electric shock. Other employees working in the company rushed to the spot and cut off the power supply and took Radhaben to the hospital for treatment where the doctor on duty declared her dead. Her relatives alleged that the company was responsible for the incident and did not have safety equipment for its employees.
Enraged relatives demanded action against the company officials and refused to accept the body. However they later accepted it after insisted by the police. The police have registered a case of accident and further investigating in the case.