Family reached hospital with patient and snake
With the onset of monsoon, reptiles begin to emerge at residential areas and pose threat to the people. In one such incident a woman was bitten by a poisonous snake in Narpura village of Savli taluka.
The family took her immediately to a black magic practicer (Bhuva) and later to Gotri hospital in Vadodara after he raised his hands. The family also brought the snake that bit the woman in a plastic bottle to the hospital.
Lakshmibahen Manibhai Parmar, a resident of Narpura village in Savli taluka, was bitten by a very venomous Common krait snake on August 17 at noon. The family members rushed to her after she screamed in pain. They struck the snake with sticks and put it inside a plastic bottle. They then took the woman and the snake to the tantrik Bhuva in the village, but he raised his hands after seeing the condition of the snake and the woman and told them to take her to hospital.
The family first rushed the woman to Anklav Hospital and after primary treatment brought to the Gotri General Hospital in Vadodara. The family also brought a snake in a plastic bottle to show it to the doctor. The medical team started the treatment and informed the Wildlife Rescue Trust about the snake.
Arvind Pawar from the trust rushed to the hospital with his team after the Wildlife Trust was informed to take the snake from the hospital and rescued it. He said, that the common Krait snake are found in Gotri, Waghodia, Makarpura, Sama, Gorwa, Sama, Vishwamitri areas. He request everyone to rush to hospital in case of snake biting rather then visiting the tantriks.