Vadodara Municipal Commissioner Vinod Rao on Monday present 2017-18 budget before the standing committee. The 3700 crore without taxes budget was presented by the Commissioner where a transportation hub at railway station area, four new flyovers and various projects in view of Smart city is included inside.
Rao said that after Vadodara entered in the Smart city project the expectations of the people of the city also increased. The on going and upcoming projects will be completed in next three to four years and for that the VMSS efforts are on. He further said that the proposed work will be finished in time and for that they give it a name called Action 2020.
He said that the city is divided into three parts like Heritage city, Core city and Emergent city under the Action 2020 plan. Under this plan bridges, roads, buildings, water, drainage, waste management, street lights and transportation is included.
Following are the points and development works included in the 2017-18 proposed budget of the VMSS.
1. Transportation hub in front of the railway station for 450 crores. Dur to this hub the passengers can get transportation from at one place. Additional 100 and 150 additional city and deluxe buses will be included under VMSS and PPP model. In addition a multi level parking building is also proposed at the railway station area.
2. Under Heritage city 25 crore is proposed for ‘Char Darwaza’ and it’s adjoining four important roads. Cleaning of Sursagar is also on the cards.
3. 45 crores proposed for flyover bridge at Sangam crossroads on Fatehpura airport road, 45 crores for flyover over Susen junction on Pratapnagar Makarpura road, 47 crores flyovers at Tarsali junction, and 55 crores proposed for flyover bridge near Vrundavan Crossroads.
4. From 1st April VMSS will be cashless.
5. Command and control room at Badamdi baug where the VMSS and the police department will get the live footage from there and take action accordingly.
6. Beautification of all the 31 lakes and about 100 small and big gardens will be opened.
7. Four Heritage spots in the city like from Rajmahal road to Nyaymandir, Maharani Shantadevi Nursing home to Dandiya Bazaar and Dandiya Bazaar to Nyaymandir.
8. Sculpture park on the bank of Harni lake.
9. 20 crore for Vishwamitri river front project to built drainage line on both sides of the river.
10. 50 crores for build four main roads into model roads.
11. 24 hours water under Smart city project.
12. 50 e rickshaws in view of environment safety.