VMC commissioner presentS 3554 crore draft budget for 2019-20
Kept focus on improving basic amenities and future ready Vadodara.
Vadodara Municipal Commissioner Ajay Bhadoo presented the Draft budget for 2019-20 of 3554 crore before the standing committee. In the budget he focused on improving the basic amenities with no increase in the taxes. Improving water and drainage system, treated water policy, Pashudhan care center, extending urban mobility, multilevel parking and 100cr Municipal Bond are some of the highlights of this year budget.
VMC commissioner presents the draft budget of this year where he primarily focus on the basic amenities like water, drainage, storm water drain, solid waste management and affordable housing. With no increase in taxes he present the budget of 3554 cr before the standing committee for their approval.
“We are focusing on basic amenities like water, drainage, solid waste management, storm water drain for improving the quality of life of the people in this budget. The revenue budget same or less will be same with no increase in taxes. We put focus on the committed expenditure and the ongoing projects like housing, road, bridge, water, drainage, storm water drain and waste management. We are looking at future ready Vadodara and for that we are going to work on multilevel parking system, mass transport system and make ourselves ready for future proof Vadodara,” said Bhadoo.
Some Highlights of the budget :
- 133 cr revenue generate through selling of plots.
- Improve water network in five tanks of Ajwa, Panigate, Nalanda, Gajrawadi and Bapod.
- Process to get water from Mahisagar river in case of water receding in Ajwa Sarovar.
- New fire stations at Vasna and Bhayli areas.
- Pashudhan Care center at Khatamba with 1000 animals capacity to control cattle menace. Also staff will be increased.
- Tenure of renew Gumasta Dhara licence increased to five years.
- Multilevel parking at Alkapuri under PPP model on pilot basis for the traffic problem and later spread to other areas of the city.
- Improving Urban mobility to the outer areas like Padra, Dabhoi, Anand, Bharuch, Savli and Waghodia.
- Public bicycle sharing project of 5 crores.
- Launching of 100cr Municipal Bond.
- HMIS and Health Card Project under Smart city project and many more.
Around 30,000 complaints received by the VMC last year in which 60% are of property related ones. VMC Commissioner said to be improving in this area which helps to stop corruption, reducing the problems of people, time saving for the officers and increase in revenue of 3 to 4 crores.