Have Expectations from 2019 Union Budget
Under the new government, India is eyeing for marching towards development with a futuristic approach. Railways is one such important aspect which gives the edge to the development as many important projects are underway and in pipeline to speed up the progress in terms of connectivity and infrastructure.
Vadodara is an important station as far as the Indian railways is concerned. National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR) is situated here where officials from all across the country visits for training. Secondly the training institute for the first Bullet train project is also at the NAIR campus for the R&D and training programmes. Connectivity to Statue of Unity, gauge conversion, track doubling, speed increasing of trains and electrification of Vishwamitri Pratapnagar section are some of the important works for the coming year.
As the union and railway budget is scheduled to be present in some days here are some of the points from Vadodara which was covered in the last budget and more are expected from this year too.
- Rail connectivity to Statue of Unity : This is one such futuristic project which gives an edge to the tourism at the famous Statue of Unity. The proposed project of Kevadia station will be carried out along with the gauge conversion of Dabhoi Chandod (18km) and new 32kms railway line till Kevadia. The estimated cost will be around 691.84 crores. The Kevadia station building cost will be around 20 crores and the deadline for the project will be set up before 4 September 2019.
- Chhota Udepur Dhar broad gauge line : The 1347.26 crores 157 kms Chhota Udepur Dhar new broad gauge line is completed till Moti Sadli and further to Alirajpur. The work is going on between Alirajpur and Jobat and 100 crores are sanctioned for the project in 2019-20 budget.
- 3. The railway ministry announced to extend trains on various routes which includes five trains of Western Railway. Talking about Vadodara division train no. 59121/59120 Pratapnagar- Chhota Udepur train will be extend to Moti Sadli as per the decision. The train will halt at Padalia road station in its extension.
- Miyagam Karjan Dabhoi Samlaya (96.46km) gauge conversion and electrification : The total cost of this project is around 949.96 crores and will be bypass route to divert the traffic of Mumbai Ratlam route from busiest Vadodara station. It is a optional route which will be a third parallel line on Miyagam Dabhoi and Samlaya route. The deadline to complete the project will be set on 2020-21.
- Anand Godhra Doubling line : The proposed 692.26 crores project in 2017-18 budget get the nod recently. The project will be 78.80 kilometers track doubling between Anand Godhra section.
- Speed limit increase on Mumbai New Delhi and Vadodara Ahmedabad routes. In 2018-19 this project was accepted and it will cost around 11188 crore. Under the project the speed limits will be increased in both the sections upto 160 to 200kms. With this the Delhi Mumbai time will be reduced to 12 hours for the passengers travelling by trains.
- Permission for electrification of Vishwamitri Pratapnagar section.
The proposed project of electrification of Vishwamitri Pratapnagar section is already grant permission by the railway board. The estimated cost of the work is around 8.77 crores and the tender process is already opened in the month of February March 2019.
The division is also undertaking many futuristic projects for the benefit of the passengers and also has an eye on this year budget.