June 21 is celebrated as International Yoga day since 2015 all over the world. The day was commemorated at the United Nations General Assembly by Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi.
Know about the history of Yoga Day
Yoga Day is the only recommendation put forth to the United Nations General Assembly that has been accepted by the committee of Global Health and Foreign Policy within the span of 90 days. The proposal was put forth on September 27,2014. The Prime Minister declared to the world on December 11, 2014, that first ever Yoga Day would be celebrated on June 21, 2015.
June 21 was selected as it is the longest day of the Northern Hemisphere and it holds a lot of significance.
The first Yoga Day was celebrated at Rajpath, New Delhi. The second Yoga day was celebrated at Lucknow and the third one at Chandigarh. The fourth Yoga Day is all set to happen at Dehradun. Not just India, the entire world celebrates Yoga day.
What is the importance of Yoga?
Yoga is undoubtedly one of the best gifts in the world from India. These are the various benefits one could derive from practicing Yoga.
- Yoga helps humans to connect with nature
- Yoga day helps to bring the entire world together one day to emphasize on the importance of health taking a day’s break from one’s busy schedule.
- Yoga helps to realize one’s self. The various health and physical ailments can be taken to control by practicing yoga.
- To imbibe the nuances of meditation by practicing Yoga on regular basis.
- There are not many exercises that strengthen your bone and spine. There are exercises to tone your muscles but Yoga strengthens the skeletal system of your body.
- Yoga helps one to regulate the blood flow. It increases the heartbeat rate and makes it pump fresh blood into the body.
- It is very much needed to stay focused in this fast-moving world. Yoga makes you self-conscious. When you are focused, you can prevent a lot of mistakes.
- Yoga acts as a great sleep inducer. There is a rapid increase in the number of cases reported for insomnia. Those who are suffering from sleeping disorders need to start practicing Yoga.
- Yoga increases the immunity power in humans
Owing to all the reasons mentioned above, the International Yoga day has gained widespread attention all over the world in a very less time. Make Yoga a part of your daily chores to see your life transform.