A safai sevak of Vadodara Mahanagar Seva Sadan along with two others died after they all get inside a Khar Kua to clean it on Thursday afternoon.
The trio died after inhaled the poisonous gas from the Khar Kua. Police registered the case and further investigating.
As per the information Ramesh Punjabhai Solanki 42 working in Ward no 2 as a Safai Sevak went home after his morning shift and went along with two others Rahul Solanki and Pradeep Solanki for cleaning a Khar Kua at Nakshatra Party Plot and Harni Motnath Mahadev road.
They all get inside the Khar Kua to clean it but instead inhaled poisonous gas and died on the spot. The manager and the Faraskhana contractor Rahul Pandya called the ambulance and the fire brigade and informed the incident.
The contractor also said that they cleaned the Khar Kua every 3 to 4 months and give contract to a Shakti named person. They also said that they stopped the three not to get inside but they instead entered and died.
“Ramesh Solanki is working with us for many years and today he completed his morning shift and parked the vehicle at the office and went home. He then take two others living in Swad quarters for a private cleaning work and died due to inhaling poisonous gas. The ambulence staff informed us that one of our staff member died and we came to the SSG hospital and identified. The other two are not with us and all the three were on private work not the official one,” said Shailesh Bhatia Supervisor Ward No 2.
After the news the opposition leader Chandrakant Shrivastav (Bhattu) and Congress President Prashant Patel reached the SSG hospital and try to get the information. The opposition leader demand strict action against the contractor. “This is very unfortunate as the officials or the contractor don’t follow the Supreme court guidelines and due to their greed the three persons lost their lives. We demand strict action against the culprits and government extend help to the bereaved families,” said Srivastav.