As per recent weather reports, 2020 has been the hottest year on record. With increasing temperature, human-led global warming, and lack of measures to safeguard the planet and its resources, we are jeopardizing the future of our generations. Irresponsible use of air conditioners is threatening the entire ecosystem. It’s time that we take a reality check of the current situation and adopt measures to save our planet. This ‘World Energy Conservation Day’ on 14th December, Mr. AchalBakeri, CMD, Symphony Ltd. emphasizes the importance of preserving energy by looking atcooling air in an eco-friendly manner.
Air conditioning may seem like the most convenient way for cooling theroom temperature, however, the hazardousemissions from air conditionersleads toboth personal health and global consequences. Air conditioner contain harmful refrigerants, such as chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) that harm the ozone layer. On the other hand, air coolers are eco-friendlier since they use water as the refrigerant. An air conditioner re-circulates the stale air of the room repeatedly, whereas an air cooler draws fresh air from outside and then cools the room with fresh, filtered air. Below are some benefits air cooling offers over air conditioning:
- Green Product:Air coolers are green product and unlike air conditioners, air coolers do not emit hazardous greenhouse gases responsible for global warming and other environment-related problems
- Energy-efficient: Air coolers consume up to 10 times less energy than ACs. They can also work in low voltage areas
- Low on Maintenance: Air coolers require low maintenance; you rarely need to summon a mechanic for maintenance as in the case of ACs.
- Environment Friendly:Air coolers present significant environmental benefits with no harmful Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) emissions and offer energy saving green cooling solutions
- Economical: AC can cost anything ranging from ₹25,000 to ₹60,000, whereas a cooler will be available from ₹5000 to ₹20,000. One can expect 80% less electricity bill from a cooler as compared to an AC, making it economical in the long run.