Various measure taken by WR for convenience of passengers.
Vadodara city received incessant rainfall of 442 mm in continuous seven hours on Wednesday which has lead to heavy water-logging. The sudden downpour has lead to cancellation of several trains plying over Vadodara station and has shutdown its airport. Authorities have advised all government and private schools to remain closed on 1st August, 2019. Local administration is engaging in shifting people from low-lying areas as water entered into houses in several localities.
According to WR CPRO Ravinder Bhakar, between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm, Vadodara received 442 mm of rainfall, the highest in Gujarat on Wednesday with 286 mm of rain fell in just four hours ending at 8.00 pm. The weather office predicts heavy to very heavy rains in several parts of Gujarat during next two days and the city was flooding mainly because of release of water from Ajwa Dam.
Seeing the torrential rainfall and water logging at Vadodara station, Western Railway has taken various measures to convenience passengers stuck in trains. NDRF and Air Force have been deployed to transport passengers stranded at Vadodara station to city. Rainfall is normal but flooding is mainly due to release of water from Ajwa Dam. Both UP and Down line trains are running with Speed Restrictions. Western Railway higher authorities are continuously monitoring the situation to ensure necessary action.
Due to heavy rain at Vadodara following action initiated:
1. Help desk manned at all major stations like Vadodara (P), Nadiad, Anand, Bharuch and Ankleshwar. Help desk contact numbers are (1)02642-240844, (2) 02642-240833, (3) 02642-240486, (4) 02642-240479, (5) 02642-242014.
2. All catering stalls are open with required eatables and drinking water
3. All sectional CMI and incharge of checking quade at head quarter for guiding passengers.
4. Yesterday around 23-24 lakhs retained for ensuring refund as high alert for rain for further 2 days.
5. Various NGOs have been contacted for distribution of food packets.
6. Approximately 100 lts. milk has been arranged from Anand to supply to catering contractors at Vadodara.
Various NGOs have also contacted for collecting food packets for distribution among staff on Vadodara station and nearby VS colony. These NGOs includes Passenger Association, Atmayjyoti Assam society, Swaminarayan temple and the station catering stalls. Around 450-500 packets and approx. 250 packets of biscuits and chips and water bottles have been served to stranded passengers in Train No. 12933 Karnavati Express at Vishvamitri station.
In view of torrential rain and water logging at Vadodara station and surrounding areas, some trains have been cancelled, partially cancelled, and short terminated and originated on 1st August, 2019. On 31st July, 2019 also, several trains were cancelled, short terminated and originated.
Details of affected trains on 1st August, 2019 are:
Cancellation of Trains:
1. Train No. 79455 Vadodara – Chhota Udepur DEMU of 1st August, 2019.
2. Train No. 79456 Chhota Udepur – Vadodara DEMU of 1st August, 2019.
3. Train No. 69118 Dadhod – Vadodara MEMU of 1st August, 2019.
4. Train No. 69119 Vadodara – Dahod MEMU of 1st August, 2019.
5. Train No. 69121 Vadodara – Godhra MEMU of 1st August, 2019.
6. Train No. 59442 Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central Passenger of 1st August, 2019.
7. Train No. 69117 Vadodara – Dahod MEMU of 1st August, 2019.
8. Train No. 19036 Ahmedabad – Vadodara Intercity Express of 1st August, 2019.
9. Train No. 19035 Vadodara – Ahmedabad Intercity Express of 1st August, 2019.
10. Train No. 19016 Porbandar – Mumbai Central Saurashtra Express of 31st July, 2019.
11. Train No. 19015 Mumbai Central – Porbandar Saurashtra Express of 2nd August, 2019.
12. Train No. 69106 Ahmedabad – Anand MEMU of 1st August, 2019.
13. Train No. 69102 Ahmedabad – Vadodara MEMU of 1st August, 2019.
Partial Cancellation of Trains:
• Train No. 59050 Viramgam – Valsad Passenger of 1st August, 2019 has been partially cancelled between Ahmedabad and Valsad.
Trains Short Terminated:
• Train No. 12934 Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central Express of 1st August, 2019 will be short terminated at Borivali and remain cancelled between Borivali and Mumbai Central.
• Train No. 12932 Ahmedabad – Mumbai Central Express of 1st August, 2019 will be short terminated at Borivali and remain cancelled between Borivali and Mumbai Central.
Trains Short Originated:
• Train No. 12933 Mumbai Central- Ahmedabad Express of 1st August, 2019 will short originate from Borivali and remain cancelled between Mumbai Central and Borivali.
• Train No. 12931 Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad Express of 1st August, 2019 will short originate from Borivali and remain cancelled between Mumbai Central and Borivali.