Seven died during cleaning of sceptic tank of hotel


Went inside without having any safety masks

In a shocking incident seven labourers died after inhaled poisonous gas coming out from the drainage. All of them went down to clean the sewage well (Kharkua)  without any safety equipments and directly came in contact with the gas. Fire brigade extract the bodies after a long operation and send for post mortem. Police reached for spot and investigation is on to trace the hotel owner where the cleaning takes place.

As per available details four villagers from Thuwavi village in Dabhoi went to Darshan hotel near Fartikui to clean the sewage well. Mahesh Harijan, Ashok Harijan and his son Hitesh Harijan enter inside the tank around 11.30 pm during midnight along with Mahesh Patanwadia who came with a tractor to take the filth from the spot.

Meanwhile Mahesh Harijan fell unconscious after inhale the poisonous gas and fell inside. To save him Ashok,  Hitesh and Mahesh also jumped inside but also fell prey to the gas.  Witnessing the incident three waiter from the hotel Ajay Vasava (Bharuch),  Vijay Chaudhari (Surat)  and Sahdev Vasava also from Surat jumped inside to save the four but also fell prey to the poisonous gas coming out from the sewage well.

Dabhoi fire personnel asking with the police team reached the spot after the message and tried to extract the bodies.  Vadodara fire brigade also joined them and after nearly five hours operation they retrived the bodies from the drainage. Top police officials DySP K. V. Solanki, PI J. M. Vaghela, Dabhoi Mamlatdar D. K. Parmar, MLA Shailesh Mehta also reached the spot after the incident.

After identification the bodies were send for post mortem by the police.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.