Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to flag off 3rd Mahamana Express on 22nd September, 2017 to run between Vadodara and Varanasi through video conferencing from Varanasi. Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal is likely to be present at Vadodara station on this occasion.
The first model rake of Mahamana Express was inaugurated in January, 2016 by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi between New Delhi and Varanasi. This train consists of 18 coaches with world class interior and aesthetics along with large number of passenger friendly amenities. The second model rake was inaugurated on 13th July, 2017 as a day train with chair car coaches between Bhopal and Khajuraho.
The third model rake of Mahamana Express will be a weekly train running between Vadodara and Varanasi. This train comprises of I AC, II tier AC, Sleeper class and General second class coaches. The train is likely to have stoppages at Bharuch, Surat, Amalner, Bhusawal, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Katni, Satna and Chheoki in both directions.
- Thermoplastic panel without visible screws for better safety and aesthetics.
- Modular toilet model with enhance passenger amenities – big mirror, platform wash basin, controlled discharge water tap, odour control system, exhaust fans, LED lights, dustbin inside the toilets etc.
- Ergonomically designed seats and berths
- Passenger Address System and GPS based Passenger information system.
- Use of LED lighting to enhance elimination and service durability while minimizing power consumption.
- Ergonomically designed ladder
- Increase scale of mobile/laptop charging points
- Windows with powered venetian wind provided in I AC coaches and roller wind in II AC coaches instead of conventional curtains
- Provision of fire extinguishers and garbage bins in all coaches
- External PU painting