On Friday morning the residents of House no 8 in Buddhadev colony had a close shave after a blast inside the toilet drainage.
The impact of blast was so powerful that the window panes, frames broke and the glass was scattered all across the balcony. The house maid was injured in the blast and rushed to the private hospital with burn injuries.
At around 10.30 am in the morning there was a big boom like sound inside the second floor toilet of the house of Sanjay Patel partner in a restaurant in Vadodara. Due to the blast the maid Radha Vasava received burn injuries on her hands, face and chest. She was rushed to Narahari hospital for treatment.
One of the friend of Sanjay Patel said that the impact was such that we thought there was after shocks and we all rushed out from the house. “I was sitting at the first floor and my wife was inside the puja room. My friend’s wife Harsha Patel was working inside the kitchen when suddenly the big boom like sound shoked us. First we thought it was a after shock and immediately we ran out from the house.
Suddenly the daughter of the maid shouted that something happened to her mother and we rushed to see her. The maid received burns and I immediately applied ice and pour cold water on her. Then cover it with a blanket and called the 108 who took her to the hospital. We also called the fire brigade who reached the spot in no time,” said Kaustuk Shah.
Harsha Patel the owner of the house said that she was inside the kitchen when the blast happened and she was frightened after heard the shouts of her maid and her daughter. “At one time it was like some shocks as the total house was like shaking. First the Toran at the first floor came down and the glass of the windows and doors all broken up with the impact,” said Harsha.
“I am studying in 10th standard and due to vacations I came with my mother to help her. My mother went to the second floor to wash the toilet and when she switch on the toilet switch there was a blast and my mother was unconscious after received burns. I called for help and they send my mother to the hospital,” said Divya daughter of Radhika injured in the blast.
Karelibaug police and top officials along with the FSL team rushed to the spot and took stock of the situation. The FSL officials said that due to no space for release of the drainage gas the incident might occurred.