Delhi: AIIMS starts same-day ultrasound facility for OPD patients
Department of Radio-diagnosis and Interventional Radiology of AIIMS, is starting same day Ultrasound facility on a trial basis
In an endeavor to improve patient care, the Department of Radio-diagnosis and Interventional Radiology of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, is starting same day Ultrasound facility on a trial basis for needy patients coming to the hospital's outpatient department (OPD). According to an official statement issued by AIIMS, under the service, films and reports of OPD patients will be issued on the same day.
As per a letter issued by Dr Deep Nayaran Srivastava, head, Department of Radio-diagnosis and Interventional Radiology, 35 slots have been designated for same day Ultrasound in the new "RAK OPD basement" to cater to patients with appropriate clinical conditions.
Who can avail the new facility?
- Patient requiring ultrasound examination urgently for deciding cynical management
- Patient is a sensor citizen, physically handicapped or very sick
How can Patients avail the new facility?
- As per the letter, the requisition form must be signed by a faculty member confirming the urgency of the clinical indication for same day ultrasound.
- Phone number should be mentioned where the radiologist can contact the requisitioning faculty for discussion, if required.
- The requisition form must be presented at the appointment counter before 1:00 pm at the latest for same day ultrasound.
Same day Ultrasound facility will not be available for following types of scans
- Ultrasound scans which require patient preparation (like overnight fasting)
- Doppler Ultrasound Scans (examination and interpretation take much longer time)
- Obstetrical Ultrasound Scans (needs detailed statutory documentation)