Launch of The “Kumbh JioPhone” As a Tribute to The world’s largest Congregation of Pilgrims
JioPhone was launched with the objective of empowering every Indian with the power of digital services, especially those, who could not afford a Smartphone. Standing its promise, JioPhone is back with yet another revolutionary innovation and launch the Kumbh JioPhone in view of the Kumbh Mela. Kumbh is the largest human congregation in the world, […]
JioPhone was launched with the objective of empowering every Indian with the power of digital services, especially those, who could not afford a Smartphone. Standing its promise, JioPhone is back with yet another revolutionary innovation and launch the Kumbh JioPhone in view of the Kumbh Mela.
Kumbh is the largest human congregation in the world, with over 130 Mn pilgrims taking a holy dip over 55 days. During this Kumbh, JioPhone is introducing a digital solution that will enrich the spiritual experience of millions of pilgrims during the divine holy dip.
The Kumbh JioPhone, a unique and differentiated offering, is being introduced to honour this revered tradition of India. The Kumbh JioPhone along with the power of Jio 4G data will ensure that the Kumbh pilgrims can make the most of their pilgrimage.
Kumbh JioPhone offers a suite of benefits especially designed for the needs of the pilgrims:
- End to End Rich information services about Kumbhlike Information on Kumbh,
Real-time Travel Information (special trains, buses etc.), Booking tickets & receiving updates, Yatri Ashray at stations, Emergency Helpline Numbers, Area routes and Maps,
Pre-published bath and religious day schedules, Railway Camp Mela & much more…
2. Features & Functionalities to simplify life at Kumbh like the Family Locator helping people to always stay close to your near and dear ones by finding their exact location.
Khoya Paya (Lost & Found) helps people to reunite with their family and friends, in case you are not able to trace them.
3. Kumbh Devotional Content gives people the service of Kumbh Darshan that Telecast special Kumbh events and programs on JioTV along with previous archives of Kumbh and Kumbh Radio gives people 24 X 7 access to devotional songs and hymns that keep you connected with the almighty.
4. News Alerts will help Important alerts and announcements in and around Kumbh at the fingertips.
5. Entertainment which includes Games to entertain people during their visit and afterwards along with Daily Quiz to Engage people and help them win lots of exciting prizes by simply participating in the daily Kumbh Quiz and answering questions of their interest.
These additional features are over and above the JioPhone core offerings that have already transformed the digital landscape in the country with Free voice calls, Unlimited Internet and best applications like JioTV,
JioCinema, JioSaavn music, JioGames,
Facebook, Whatsapp, YouTube, Google Maps and many more.
Finally Google’s Voice Assistant helps people to simply talk to their phone and ask it to do anything, without having to type.
Jio Spokesperson said, “JioPhone is at the centre of innovation and the Kumbh JioPhone initiative continues to demonstrate our focus on bringing disproportionate and true value for the JioPhone consumers. The JioPhone has become the largest selling phone in India simply because of the value it translates into and the features it offers. We are proud of the fact that everyone in India can now get access to a smartphone at as low as Rs 501 with features and functionalities that are Made in India, Made for India and Made by India.”
Jio is working closely with the UP Police and KASH IT to ensure the experience is delivered.
The new Kumbh functionality will be available to both existing and new JioPhone users. Users can get to the Kumbh functionalities through the JioStore on the JioPhone and Reliance Retail has created a special helpline number ‘1991’ to answer queries on the JioPhone.