Kevadiya first Green Building Certified station ready to welcome tourists
Connected to rest of India with eight new trains
The ambitious plan of Indian Railways to put the Statue of Unity - World’s Tallest statue on the Rail Map of India and to offer seamless connectivity by rail finally open its doors to welcome the tourists from different parts of the country & world visiting this magnanimous edifice.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flag off 8 new trains from various destinations to Kevadiya, on 17th January, 2021, through video conferencing. With the commencing of these trains, a total of 10 trains will be connected to Kevadiya, out of which 3 trains have been extended and 7 trains are newly introduced for their regular run.
Kevadiya station is India's first railway station with a Green Building Certification. Let's look at some of the features of the station welcoming the guests at the historic site.
- A 12 feet tall replica of the Statue of Unity is installed at the station circulating area. It is designed by the same sculptor Ram V. Suthar who designed and created the Statue of Unity.
- Hop On Hop Off Bus service.
- Executive Lounge, Retiring rooms, AC Waiting rooms, Tourist reception centre.
- Facilities for Divyang and senior citizen passengers like Ramps, low height ticket counters, Divyang friendly drinking water points and toilets.
- Electronic train indicators, cctv cameras, WiFi, GPS enabled clocks, PA System.
- Thematic park with selfie zone, landscape gardens, childrens play area, food court, vast parking space.
- Approx 6.5 kilometers from Statue of Unity.
- Green building certified station.
- Viewing gallery at station from which tourists can have a panoramic view of the Statue of Unity.