Karti Chidambaram, son of former finance minister and senior Congress leader P Chidambaram, has been arrested by the CBI. CBI has arrested Karti Chidambaram from Chennai. Karti has been arrested in the INX Money Laundering case. In this case only a few days ago, his chartered accountant (CA) S. Bhaskar Raman was also arrested.
CBI today will bring Karti to Delhi and will present it in court. Recently, his CA has been arrested and sent to jail for 14 days. It is alleged that Karti received a bribe of 10 lakh from INX Media for the approval of foreign investment to INX Media. INX got approval for foreign investment of 4 crore, but INX has received Rs 305 crore.
Accused in FIR
– INX Media Pvt. Ltd Indrani Mukherjee, Director, Mumbai, Others
– INX News Pvt. Directed by Pratim Mukherjee, Peter Mukherjee, Others
– Karti Chidambaram, Chennai
– Chess Management Service, represented by Karti Chidambaram
– Representative of Advantage Strategic Consulting Padma Viswanathan
– unknown officers or employees of the Government of India
– Other unknown people