Indian Army has said that it is firmly committed to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation. In a statement, the Army said, Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on Monday night.
Seventeen Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the stand off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries.
Earlier, during the de-escalation process, one officer and two soldiers were martyred, taking the total that were killed in action to 20. Defence minister Rajnath Singh briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the issue.