Connect Gujarat

Smoke emitted due to short circuit in the underground electrical wires in a shop at Pratapnagar area in Vadodara

Smoke emitted due to a short circuit in the electrical wires passing through the ground floor outside a shop located at Pratapnagar Road Apsara Complex in Vadodara city on Monday.

Smoke emitted due to short circuit in the underground electrical wires in a shop at Pratapnagar area in Vadodara
X

Smoke emitted due to a short circuit in the electrical wires passing through the ground floor outside a shop located at Pratapnagar Road Apsara Complex in Vadodara city on Monday. The shopkeeper was shocked to find the ground get warm and informed the incident to fire brigade. A team rushed to the spot and after dug the area found the incident happened due to a short circuit in the electrical wires passing through the basement of the shop.

It is to be mentioned that gas line, gutter line, electricity connection and internet cable pass through underground. This type of underground operation has been carried out in many areas of the city. Earlier fire incidents were noticed due to a leak in an underground gas line and one such incident took place at Apsara Complex on Pratapnagar Road.

As per details the complex houses many shops and on Monday as per routine a garage owner was about to open his shop and realise the ground near the shutter was hot. He and other shopkeepers were shocked to see steam coming out and immediately informed the fire Brigade.

Firefighters rushed to the scene and set out to find the source of the heat and steam. They dug into the ground and found out that hot steam was coming out due to a short circuit in the underground wiring. They carried out operation to stop the short circuit in underground wires.

Next Story
Share it