Fire broke out in sanitiser godown in Vadodara
A huge fire broke out in the sanitizer's godown at Narayan Complex on Raopura Kharivav Road in Vadodara
A huge fire broke out in the sanitizer's godown at Narayan Complex on Raopura Kharivav Road in Vadodara city. No casualties were reported in the incident, but four senior citizen elders from families living upstairs in the godown were rescued by the fire brigade.
As per available details, there was a godown to kept sanitizers in the ground floor of Narayan Complex on Kharivav Road. A fierce fire broke out this afternoon with a explosion. The incident was reported to the fire brigade, who rushed to the spot and control the blaze. The fire was being contained by three teams of fire brigade. While four senior citizen old women of the families living above the godown were pulled out safely by a team with the help of hydraulic crane. No casualties were reported in the incident, But if the fire had become uncontrollable, a great tragedy would have occurred.
Mayor Keyur Rokadia, Deputy Mayor Nanda Joshi, Chairman of the Standing Committee Dr. Hitendra Patel rushed to the spot and got information about the fire.
The mayor, who rushed to the spot after learning of the fire, said there was a godown of sanitizers in the residential area. This place used to be a laboratory and later PPE kits and sanitizers are kept in it. The upper floor of the godown as well as the surrounding area is a residential area. However, no casualties were reported in the blaze. But four of the families living on the first floor of the godown have been rescued by the fire brigade. Necessary instructions have been given to the fire brigade to investigate the incident.
The chairman of the standing committee, Dr. Hitendra Patel said it would be investigated whether the godown holder of the sanitizer in the residential area has taken permission and action will be taken if he has not obtained permission for the godown. After today's incident, there will be an investigation into the dangerous running business in the residential area.
The fire incident caused an uproar in the area as people rushed to the spot after the message. Raopura police also rushed to the spot to prevent any obstruction during the fire operation. The fire was brought under control after a great effort by the fire brigade. Fortunately no casualties were reported.
- 28 Jan 2021 8:54 AM GMT
- 12 Aug 2022 8:45 AM GMT
- 18 Aug 2022 7:08 AM GMT
- 15 Aug 2022 2:20 AM GMT