Gujarat increasing its industrial capacity, Saint Gobain 4th plant set up in the state
Gujarat is turning out to be the face of industrial excellence. The investment climate and industry-friendly policies of Gujarat government have made the state a vibrant industrial destination. It is among the top few Indian states to attract regular investments and create jobs. Various factors led to Gujarat holding the top position. Few of them are listed below.
Single Window Clearance
This ensures that the entrepreneurs do not have to visit various government offices to obtain the required clearances for setting up industrial units in the state.
Gujarat is located on the western coast of India and has the longest coastline of 1600 km among all states in the country. The state shares its borders with Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and the Union Territories of Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli. The Arabian Sea borders the state both to the west and south-west.
Largest producer of petroleum and processed diamonds
Gujarat is considered the petroleum capital of India due to the presence of large refining capacity set up by private and public-sector companies. The state is also the world's largest producer of processed diamonds.
Apart from this,
- Gujarat is the largest producer of denim in the country and third largest in the world.
- Gujarat is the largest producer of Cotton in the country. About half of the country's art silk fabric is produced in Surat.
- The government of India has declared Gandhinagar as Model Solar City. Gujarat has initiated the world's first canal-based solar power project in Mehsana district.
- The state is also the home to India's first and Asia's largest power plant based on biomass gasification and its long coastline.
- The state is planning to introduce commercial courts to deal with matters relating to businesses separately.
- Gujarat was ranked first in a recent study conducted by the World Bank based on several parameters of Ease of Doing Business.
These are some of the facts and figures that show how the state is being friendly for business. To do business, there must be the right infrastructure capacities. The facts mentioned above are more than enough to show why Gujarat is the obvious first choice for those who wish to do business. Saint Gobain, which is one of the world's leading glass manufacturer has already three units in Gujarat and has recently opened the fourth one. If not a government, that is highly friendly, the business people would never wish to expand their ventures in that particular place.