Patients safely rescued by the fire brigade
There was scenes of urgency in patients and administration after fire incident happened inside the ICU 2 ward inside the SSG hospital of Vadodara. Fire brigade reached the spot and engaged in shifting the Covid 19 patients to safety in between the thick smoke coming out from the ward.
The darkness proved to be difficult for the fire fighters in rescue efforts but they control the fire and shifted patients to safety from the incident.
Three patients are said to be taken to private hospital after complained of uneasiness due to smoke. The other patients are shifted to other buildings of the hospital. Short circuit is said to be the reason in primary investigation.
OSD Dr. Vinod Rao, SSG superintendent Dr. Ranjan Aiyer, Mayor Dr. Jigishaben Sheth and other officials reached the spot to review the situation. A mock drill was also organised two days ago in the hospital to check the preparedness inside the Covid ward.