Bharuch Ankleshwar traffic on NH 8 is not unknown to anyone in Gujarat. People faces many problems while passing through Bharuch and Ankleshwar due to huge traffic jam on the .
But this problem will come to an end on 7th March 2017, as the newly built cable bridge on NH 8 on Narmada river will be kept open for public from tuesday.
PM Narendra Modi will inugurate the 1344 m long bridge which is constructed at the cost of 379 crore. Other features of the bridge are as follow.
- 4 lane road 17.4 m
- Footpath (river view) 3 m
- Weight capacity of heavy vehicles 70 R as per RIC
- Lighting 1.344 km as per international measurement
- More than 400 LED Light
- Total lenght 1344 m
- Total width 20.8 m
- Spam 8 of 144m , 2 of 96 m
- Tower 10 by shape 18 m height
- Yellow cable 216. Each cable length is 25 to 40 m
- 2014 October work started
- 2017 March Work completed