Dos and Don’ts of Salon Styling At Home
Going to the salon requires a lot of time and effort.
What if you can create salon finish hair styling at home?
It is possible. Beautiful, stylish hair at home. Hair straighteners, curling irons, blow-dryers and other easy-to-use hair appliances can make this happen in minutes. The challenge is to understand the dos and don’ts of using these appliances. This guide will take you through each of them so you can use these appliances in the best way possible.
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
- Hair Dryer
Below are some tips of using a hair dryer while styling at home:
After washing your hair, you can use a hair dryer to remove the frizz and unruliness of your hair.
- When you dry your hair, you need to ensure that the hair dryer is set at a lower temperature. Intense heat can damage your hair. To avoid hair breakage and split ends, you should follow this tip religiously.
- It will be a wise decision to apply some essential oil before you blow-dry your hair. In a tiny quantity.
- Do not comb or brush your hair before blow-drying it. Wet hair is extremely fragile after hair wash. So, even a slight pull can result in hair fall. So, dry your hair without brushing it. The best way is the let your hair air dry.
- Do not start styling your hair before it has dried completely.
After this, you can use any brush styling techniques. With bouncy and beautiful looking hair, you can also part and pin your hair to another side. Otherwise, use a hair straightener or curler to get a different look.
- Hair Straightener
When you use a hair straightener, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Ensure that your hair is fully blow-dried. Comb your hair thoroughly but gently and detangle all the knots.
- Apply a heat protection spray to avoid hair damage.
- Try out different temperatures and figure out the heat level that suits your hair.
- Use a comb to brush your hair while straightening. It will give your hair a smooth look.
- Avoid high-temperature setting while using a hair straightener. It might make your hair weaker and take some time to repair itself.
- Do not part your hair in large sections. Even though it might get the job done quickly, the heat can cause excessive hair damage.
- Do not use a hair straightening machine on wet hair.
While styling your hair with a hair straightener, you can experiment with numerous looks. You can either leave your straightened hair open or pull them back in a sleek ponytail. A hair straightening machine is an absolute must-have for your home salon.
- Hair Curler
A hair curler can be used to get perfect curly hair. Here are some guidelines that will help you style your hair better using a curler:
- After drying your hair, apply a hair protectant product.
- You should curl your hair in sections. Clip each section after it is bent. It will ensure that no part remains uncurled.
- After using the curling iron, wait for your hair to cool. Run your fingers through your locks to achieve a natural look by parting a few hair strands.
- Use a styling spray at the end to keep the curls intact.
- Do not rush while curling. You might miss out some sections of the hair leaving it looking unruly.
- The wrong temperature setting can be harmful to your hair. Adjust the heat settings according to the texture of your hair. Thicker volume hair is more heat resistant compared to thinner volume hair.
Follow the dos and don’ts mentioned above to tame your curls. You can leave your curled locks open or make a pineapple hair bun for a retro look. This hairstyling technique consists of creating a loose ponytail on top of your head. Also, you can straighten your hair and curl the hair tips for a distinctive look.
Get Salon like Styling at Home
Create a home salon easily with these tips and keep them in mind before you style your hair at home. You must ensure that you have all the necessary hair care appliances. Premium quality beauty accessories and appliances are available at luxury brands like Vega. They offer a wide range of hair straighteners, curlers and crimpers. You can visit and explore the website for numerous options. Style and flaunt a new hairdo every day!
- 28 Jan 2021 8:54 AM GMT
- 26 Feb 2022 5:25 AM GMT
- 8 April 2021 5:41 AM GMT
- 4 Feb 2022 6:37 AM GMT
- 18 Dec 2021 1:22 PM GMT
- 4 July 2022 7:55 AM GMT
- 4 July 2022 5:43 AM GMT
- 4 July 2022 3:07 AM GMT
- 3 July 2022 6:24 AM GMT
- 3 July 2022 3:09 AM GMT