Need to follow safety guidelines and rules
Theatres and movie halls are set to reopen on October 15, after closed for almost seven months since the lockdown was imposed amidst Covid 19. The government issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which need to be followed by all cinema halls and multiplexes.
In new Unlock 5 guidelines, cinemas and multiplexes are allowed to open from October 15 with 50% capacity. They have to strictly follow the safety guidelines and SOPs released by the government. The decision brings a much needed respite for the people to enjoy some light entertaining moments which they missed during the months of lockdown.
Vadodara theatres are also all set to open after closed for months and prepare to welcome the movie enthusiasts for a safe outing during such challenging times.
As cinemas prepare to reopen across the country, INOX today announced that it is all set to welcome back its beloved audiences from 15‘“ October. After remaining shut for more than 6 months, Cinemas were allowed to Operate after as per the Unlock 5 notification.
It will resume its operations in accordance with the State notifications, which allow the implementation of Unlock 5 guidelines with effect from l5th Oct along as per the prescribed SOPs. The major highlights of the SOPs implemented at will be as under:
- Auditorium occupancy will not be more than 50%
- Adjacent seats on either sides will be left vacant
- Floor markers will be placed at Box Office and Food counters Digital modes of transactions will be encouraged
- Availability of PPE kits for purchase , .
- Thermal Screening will be carried out at the entrance .
- Guests with symptoms will not be allowed
- E-tickets and contactiess QR based entry
- Show timing, intermissions and exits will be staggered
- Guests will be encouraged to maintain a 6-feet distance from other families and groups at all the times.
- Seat disinfection & sanitization after every show .
- Public awareness video will be played
- Contactless sanitizer dispensers will be placed at entrance and in lobbies
- E-bills and disposable packaging for F&B
- Enhanced air-filtration systems
- Designated bins for masks, gloves etc
- Guests will be encouraged to use Aarogya Setu app
Over and above the standard SOPs, INOX will also be introducing a slew of measures which would make cinema viewing safe, secure and comfortable. It visualized the entire cinema journey, identified all the possible physical tcuch points, and ensured that all those touch points were sanitized and distancing could be maintained, thereby leaving no room for possibility of contamination.
There will be a lot of focus on the digital way of life. They will discontinue the use of papers tickets and only eTickets will be issued. The walk-in guests will can also make the booking by scanning the QR codes placed near the Box Office. It has also developed a fully loaded all in-one booking confirmation SMS.
This SMS comes with 4 different links, one which allows you to check in with your QR code. second, which shows the auditorium’s seat chart and the location of your seat on the seat chant. so that you don’t have to enquire with anyone.
The third link provides you access to the F&B menu to place your order and the fourth link allows you to download your complete e-tieket with all the details. Food ordering can be done by scanning the QR codes placed at the food counters.
Keeping in mind the need for getting together in a safe and secure ambience, while maintaining social distancing, lNOX will offer private screenings for smaller groups of friends and families, wherein they pamper the guests with their signature hospitality while screening a movie of their choice. They will also introduce immunity boosters in its menu, once the F&B guidelines are relaxed. This new menu will include Turmeric Latte, wide range of Green Teas, Energy Bars and others.
According to Vishal Vikram (Cluster Head Gujarat), “We are thankful to I&B Minister for announcing the SOPs today. The SOPs are simple and audience friendly, and will ensure that the overall cinema viewing experience is safe and reliable. We are completely geared up and prepared for the new normal, which would assign top most priority to safety and hygiene. Our preparations on the hygiene and disinfection front will set new benchmarks for any public premises, whether inside the auditorium, or in our lobbies and F &B counters.“