CII Central Gujarat Zone Annual Meeting and Leadership Conclave in Vadodara
Vadodara’s First MNC Compendium Unveiled
A MNC Compendium was unveiled at this Conclave with Key Points like
- The Compendium focuses on the MNCs in and around the Zone.
- MNCs contribution in the Zone’s development.
- 13 Companies which participated in MNC Compendium have employed 10,000 people.
- Lifestyle, career graph of the Citizens on Vadodara increased due to the existence of MNCs around the zone.
- Local Vendors associated with MNCs came at par with global Standards.
- As local companies are suppliers to these MNCs, Innovative Ideas and global standard manufacturing became a regular standard for even local manufacturers.
Mehul Patel Chairman CII Central Gujarat Zonal Council & MD Anupam Industries Ltd. said “Indian corporate leaders spend much more time in compliance than innovation, R&D and Problem Solving. There is a need to give more thrust to “Ease of Doing business” and simplifying the compliance & processes. This will help the Indian corporate leaders to focus more on developmental side. Globally developed countries , only 30% time & spend on compliance and rest 70% is R&D, innovation & problem Solving. Whereas the ratio is completely inverse.
Father of Human Resource in India Dr T V Rao Chairman, T V Rao Learning Systems & Former Professor IIM-Ahmedabad said “Preach before you practice. It is a new management fundamental where if you keep on preaching one day you’ll be compelled to practice as people will start questioning you.”
A focus also is there on 4 kinds of Managers Doers (Performers), Achievers. Visionaries and Missionaries. “Leaders have to maintain pace with their followers. They have to ensure that their followers are also growing along with them. Indian companies face succession issues because the leader sometimes moves very fast and then realizes the followers are missing” said Georg Sparschuh Vice Chairman – CII Central Gujarat Zonal Council & President Schott Glass India Pvt. Ltd. while addressing the gathering on the international perspective on leadership.