An incident of Chlorine gas leakage occurred at headquarter town of Kheda district of Central Gujarat.

At least 22 people were hospitalized and 250 houses affected due to this incident. Total 22 persons hospitalized at civil hospital but none of them were critical. As chlorine gas leaked some persons felt breathlessness and were hospitalized.

Around 14 fire fighters and employees of the department tried to control the leakage. Chlorine gas is not so poisonous but if large amount of chlorine inhaled it can cause death.

For purification of water some tankers or cylinders filled with Chlorine gas  were kept in a store of an office of the water supply department.

LEAVE A REPLY