CBSE Nationals Table Tennis Tournament 2016 closes in Vadodara
The Closing Ceremony of the CBSE National Table Tennis Championship, 2016, hosted by Navrachana School, Sama, Vadodara, was held on 28th November.
The Ceremony was presided over by Vadodara’s ace Badminton star and Arjuna Awardee, Shri. Partho Ganguly.
In his address to the players, he expressed his hope that some of them will reach great heights and certainly bring laurels to the country. He congratulated NSS for hosting such a mega sports event in Vadodara.
While more than 140 CBSE schools participated, there were 37 schools that stood out bagging most of the medals. The toppers amongst these were the host school, Navrachana School, Sama, Manavsthali School, New Delhi, Techno India Group Public School, Darjeeling, Maharshi Vidya Mandir, Chennai, Hansraj Model School, New Delhi, and J K G International School, Ghaziabad. Amongst the participating CBSE schools from the Middle East, the Indian High School, Dubai, won two medals, and the DPS, Sharjah, bagged one medal.
The trophies and medals were given away to the winning teams and individual players by International Referee Mr. Ganeshan, and the International Coach Mr. Sandip Gupta. The ceremony ended with the lowering of the CBSE Flag by Mr. Ganguly after he declared the Meet closed.
Navrachana School, Sama, won many medals and these were as follows:
1. The Golden Boy of Navrachana, Manush Shah won the Gold in the Individual Under-17 Boys Category. He left on November 29 for the USA to compete in the US Open TT Tournament.
2. Under-17 Boys Team bagged the Gold medal, the team comprised MANUSH SHAH, SAMARTH BHARDWAJ, AMAN POPTANI and ANARVA KAMDAR.
3. Under-14 Boys Team bagged the Bronze, the team members being: MAHARDDH DESAI, DHRUV BUDDHEDEO, ADITYA BHARDWAJ, SHAIL DHARPALE.
4. In the Mixed Doubles Category Under-14 Category ADITYA BHARDWAJ won the Silver Medal.
5. In the Mixed Doubles Category Under-17 Category AMAN POPTANI won the Bronze Medal.