No casualties reported panic spread among passing people
Panic spread among passing people after a lamp of a street light pole on Jail Road fell on the road. The incident happened late night in Vadodara but fortunately no casualties were reported. The video of incident also gone viral on social media and point finger on the serious negligence of the corporation’s street lighting department.
Street lights have been installed in Vadodara city and need maintenance regularly. However sometimes serious incidents occurred due to some negligence on part of the department. In one such incident one of the street lights on Jail Road caught fire due to a short circuit in the light bulb.
The bulb later fell in the road and the fire continued thereafter which shocked the passing vehicles. However no casualties were reported in the incident, but panic spread among motorists passing by burning bulbs and wires on the road.
Jail road is always frequented with vehicles and the families of patients inside SSG hospital are also using the road regularly. The incident spread panic among people specially when the burning bulb fell on the road.
Employees of the corporation’s electrical department rushed to the spot as soon as the incident was reported at night and undertook repairing work. Luckily no casualties were reported in the incident, but, a live video of the incident went viral on social media quickly.